Tuesday 3 February 2015

Roomie Night

I really love my schedule on Tuesdays this semester.  I have two classes, one at 10 AM and the other at 6 PM, so I have a lot of time in between to get stuff done and be productive!

After my 10 AM class, Jane and I went to the gym and the the steam room for a very long time.  It was so relaxing and a really nice start to the day!  When I came home, I had some lunch, called my mom, and got ready for the day.  It was really great knowing I still had the entire afternoon to get some errands done and be productive.  My first stop was the Laundry Basket.  This is a place that washes, dries, and folds your laundry for you.  I know that sounds so lazy, but I have not had the chance to keep up with my clothes, so, I figured for this one time I would indulge, but that is it!  Once I dropped off my laundry, I went to try another new coffee place.  This one I went to was call Gulpd.  It is hidden down a little alley, and very hard to find.  I only knew about it from our advisor who talked about how great it was.  He was right, Gulpd was delicious!  The vibe here was really cool too.  There were wooden benches, farm tables, mason jars, all around an awesome place.  I had my caffeine fix, so it was off to the next stop, River Island, a clothing store.  I just needed a few quick things, so I did not stay here too long, otherwise, I know I would have caused some serious damage to my wallet!  My last stop was the grocery store.  I went to Tesco, a large grocery market, hoping I could find some greek yogurt as well as some cereal, weird foods I have been missing from home.  I was successful and got everything I needed, woohoo!  A good day in the City Centre :).

When I was all finished with classes, Jane, Meadhbh, Orna, and I went out to dinner and drinks together at Captain America's.  They kept asking if the food there was really like American food (burgers, pizza, etc.), and as unhealthy as it is,we told them that it indeed is what American food is like, they just need to come and visit us now to try it themselves!  I have not been out with my roommates yet this year, which is crazy!  It was such a fun night, with some great food and drinks, and lots and lots of laughs.  We definitely need to make this more of a tradition before I leave in a few months.

It was a wonderful day for me.  Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin

Some cool graffiti I saw on my way to Gulpd:


Gulpd!

The roomies (Orna in the middle and Meadhbh on the right)!

No comments:

Post a Comment