Tuesday 3 February 2015

Coffee in Cork

Sunday was another gorgeous day in Ireland, sorry to rub it in to those back home stuck in the snow!!  But, this mild winter thing is something I could totally get used to.

I had a very relaxed day, which was wonderful.  I woke up and got organized around the apartment, and caught up on a few odds and ends.  I have been dying to try out more coffee places in the city, so I decided that I would take a walk into town to enjoy the day!  I was also on a mission to find a new winter hat, because, believe it or not, 35 degrees feels really cold walking to and from classes.  Luckily, I was successful in my search for a hat, and a new coffee place!  I found a great, fleece-line hat at Debenhams.  It is purple, too, great for HC :)!  The coffee place I tried was called Cork Coffee Roasters.  I think this is new, because I never noticed it until this semester.  It was the perfect place to sit down and warm up, a cozy, little hole in the wall, with very friendly people.  I love sitting in the various coffee shops around the city.  In the States, it is unheard of to actually sit at a Starbucks by yourself, and enjoy your drink.  It is one of the many things I love about Europe, just slowing down.

It was Super Bowl Sunday, but I did not think I could stay up until 4 AM at a bar, so I thought I would celebrate in my own way.  Nicole and I went to The Oliver Plunkett for some burgers and wings, perfect football food!  Jane was not feeling well, unfortunately, so she could not join us.  But, this means we will have to do it again soon!  I was having trouble streaming the game on my computer, so, I called home and the FaceTimed me the Katy Perry performance (all I really cared about).  Ah, technology, I felt like I was sitting in my living room!  The game was definitely a thriller, and the Pats won, woohoo, New England!!!!  It would have been cool to experience this at HC, but I guess the Patriots will just have to do it again next year :)

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin

Such a nice day in Cork!

Cork Coffee Roasters

I cannot get enough of this place!

Game food :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment