Wednesday 4 February 2015

Homework?

How tired are you of hearing how beautiful the weather has been in Ireland?  Beacause, I am sorry to tell all of you buried in the snow back East, it was such a sunny day today!  I told my roommates what the temperatures were like back home, and they almost died.  Below, WAY below, freezing temperatures are not something Ireland sees very often, or ever.

I had two classes today, Political Sociology and Sociology of the Media.  Political Sociology is with the boring professor, again, and I think I die a slow death each time I have that class.  I really cannot take it.  However, it is only an hour, so I survived.  After my first class, Jane and I decided to book some flights for our big break in April.  It looks like we will be going to Rome for Easter with my family, then to Sicily with them, and then Jane and I will go to Greece.  We were planning on going to Croatia, but unfortunately, it was too hard to get to.  So, that is why we decided to go to Sicily with my family.  My dad has planned a great trip, and I am really looking forward to it!

Later in the afternoon, I had a meeting with my advisor, Shane, about my first, real homework assignment.  This is my ICIP, a cultural immersion project Holy Cross requires us to do while we are abroad.  I am planning on writing my ICIP about this blog, so, we will see how it comes out!  I got out of the meeting early, so I walked over to the Hayfield Manor, which was right next to my professors office.  I wanted to check out their afternoon teas for when I have guests!  It is also such a gorgeous place, I thought I would enjoy the scene on the nice day!

After classes, I headed to the gym, and went to the steam and sauna for a very long time, again.  Ah, this is really something I could get used to all of the time!  My parents asked me about homework tonight, and I honestly said I do not get any.  I asked one of my professors about reading, and he told me that they do not expect students to do reading.  This is not something I would ever hear at Holy Cross.  So, I think I will embrace this while I can!

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin  

Sunny Bandon Road

Exploring Hayfield!

I had a mishap with my glasses today...

No comments:

Post a Comment