Monday 2 February 2015

Cold in Cork

Wednesday was a very chilly day here in Cork!  The winters are nothing like East Coast winters (AKA Blizzard Juno), but it is a raw, bone-chilling cold!

I skipped my class Wednesday morning because we got back form the dance so late!  Buses were only running from the hotel back to UCC at 2 AM, and we could not even wait until that late to get home!  Chelsea, Nicole, Jane, some Americans we met, and I took a taxi together back to school, but even then it was 1:30.  Nicole, Jane, and I all have class together on Wednesday mornings, so we made a group decision and did not go to class.  As an international student, I frequent class more than the Irish students, and that is saying a lot.  I will never understand the way school is gone about here...

I did go to my two evening classes, however.  These were both the Sociology of Media, and the professor (the sexist one) actually seems to be a little bit better than the last time we had him.  Maybe he got the hint that it is not acceptable to be that inappropriate in class?  Nevertheless, I was not a complete bum on Wednesday.  I went to some classes as well as the gym, and then came home and chilled out.  I am really enjoying the quiet time right now.  I know once travels start to pick up, I will have no down time!

I really cannot complain about the cold here in Ireland, nothing is as bad as a Worcester winter!

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin

Cold, wet, raw UCC campus:


No comments:

Post a Comment