Tuesday 30 September 2014

On Tuesdays We Eat Cheese

I think I am finally beginning to experience the crazy Ireland weather.  Today, is was raining when I woke up, misting when I went to class, sunny when I came home, then cloudy again, then a gorgeous day!  I overheard some locals saying that this is the summer that keeps giving.  I could get used to this...

In between my classes, I ventured into the city to the English Market.  We were all kind of worn out from the weekend still, so Jane, Grace, and I wanted to have a low-key night.  We thought a wine and cheese night would be nice (and adult-ish of us!).  I really enjoy making appetizers, well actually, I really enjoy finding appetizers on Pinterest.  So, I was aiming to test one of my Pinterest finds.  I made a fresh strawberry balsamic sauce to put over baked brie.  It was so yummy, and I love brie so it hit the spot!  Jane brought goat cheese and apples, and Grace made cookies.  It was a great night in catching up on our weekends in Germany.  I feel like such an adult living here!  It is so hard catching up with everyone, I don't know what is taking up my time!  I know that it is not very much school work....

Tomorrow is Wednesday and that means only a few more days until my family arrives, I cannot wait!  I feel like I was just leaving the States saying I would see them at my halfway point of the semester.  Time needs to slow down!!!!!

Be back tomorrow!

XO,

Caitlin

Beautiful night on Bandon Road

Midway point (I always forget to snap a pic at the start--I am too excited about the food!)

No comments:

Post a Comment