Wednesday 5 November 2014

Prague, Petrin Hill...Perfection

Saturday was another full day of exploring Prague for me and Jane!  We had a list of things we needed to see, thanks to Kelly, and we could not wait to get going.

We began the day by heading to Radost again.  We thought we would give it another try, we really wanted these cinnamon buns!  Luckily the universe was in our favor, and we found them!  This was the greatest cinnamon bun I have ever had.  It was so sweet, and chewy, and walnut-y, and amazing.  Jane and I shared one of these and enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee (finally, good coffee), and it was the start to a great morning.

After our relaxing breakfast, we headed over to Petrin Hill and Observatory Tower.  This tower looks like a little Eiffel Tower, and is famous for the view of Prague from the top.  However, it was a hike to get to the top of the tower, literally.  It almost reminded me of Talcott Mountain.  The weather was spectacular, and it was a great fall day, with lots of foliage, making the walk extremely enjoyable.  When we reached the top of the Petrin Hill, we climbed the 299 steps of the Observatory Tower.  The view from the top was so magnificent, and because it was so clear out, it looked as if they city could go on forever.  This was something Kelly recommended we do, and I am so happy she did!  It was definitely a highlight of my weekend.

Post-hike, Jane and I wanted to sit and enjoy the scenery for a little bit.  There was a very nice park behind the tower, so we sat there for a little while.  We wanted to take the time to really embrace the moment and soak up the site.  We were so happy with how the day was going, and it was only noon.  Prague continued to amaze me with every activity we did.

We were staving by 2 PM, so we walked to the Old Town Square to enjoy some of the amazing street food.  I continued to have my fill on kielbasa and trdelnik, and I could not be happier.  If I could eat trdelnik for the rest of my life, I would not be mad about it.  It is a roll of goodness.  To work off my loads of trdelnik I had (and would) consume over the weekend, Jane and I meandered around the area for a few hours, exploring the shops, restaurant, and surrounding squares.  it was nice to just walk, without a destination.  I feel that we really could see the city that way and get to know the lay of the land a little bit more.

At around 5 PM, the sun was already setting.  Jane and I thought that it would now be an appropriate time for us to go get a beer/cider in the Old Town Square, I mean, we were in Prague which is so famous for its beer!  We found a nice restaurant in the middle of the square where we sat for over an hour just chatting and enjoying our drinks.  We then decided to head to another restaurant in the square to grab some dinner.  This place was really cozy with heat lamps and blankets all over the place.  The weather was definitely getting chilly!  For my meal, I was trying to be adventurous and continue getting local dishes, so i tired to beef goulash, which was really great!

Once we finished eating, it was already around 9 PM and we were so tired.  We headed back to Hostel ELF, cleaned up, and got ready for our last day :(

The weekend was fabulous so far, I could not believe it was almost over!

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin
Me, enjoying my cinnamon bun.

The beautiful day walking up Petrin Hill.

Observatory Tower


View from the top of the tower

Astronomical Clock in Old Town Square

Dinnertime!


No comments:

Post a Comment