Tuesday 7 October 2014

Surprise!

Friday was the day my family arrived in Ireland!  After a long awaited visit, they are finally here, and I am so happy! I have been planning a little surprise of meeting them at the airport the past few months, rather than later in the day at the home they were staying at.  I went to Shannon airport on Thursday night and stayed over at a hotel and met their drive, Martin in the morning to organize the surprise.  I have to say, it was success!  I think everything was shocked!  

After gathering at the airport, Nana, Big B, Mom, Dad, Greg, Carolyn, and I headed to Lahinch, where we would be staying for two nights.  One of BigB's friends, Dr. Olsen, let us use her house for the weekend, which worked out so well.  When we arrived to the house, everyone was tired from the flight, so we all took a rest for a few hours.  After resting, Martin picked us up at the house and we headed to Galway for lunch.  We took the scenic route through the Burren, Co. Clare.  It was a little bit of a long five, but very gorgeous.  We ate at a fabulous restaurant in Galway, Kai.  I had the Reuben, it was amazing!

We walked around Gawlay for a while and then headed home to Lahinch.  On the way we stopped at a grocery store for Dad to pick up some items for him to make dinner for the next few nights.  I missed his cooking!  We hot home and everyone was wiped out front h long day.  It was an early night, but what everyone needed.  I am so happy that my family is here, nothing can take me down this week!

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin
View from the house in Lahinch

The Burren

Delicious looking desserts at Kai

Kai was very festive! 

Galway

Galway 

Very appropriate :)

Back with Mom and Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment