Saturday 11 October 2014

See Ya in December, Fox Fam

On Wednesday, Greg, Carolyn, Nana, and Big B left Cork to stay in Dromoland for the night.  They were leaving Ireland on Thursday morning, so this was my last time seeing them.  However, before they took off, I still had a few more places to show them!

Our first stop was the UCC campus.  Luckily, it was relatively nice out, so we were able to walk around for a little bit.  After walking around campus, we (of course) had to stop at the UCC College Gear shop.  I replenished my stock of UCC clothes, and made everyone in my family do the same!  UCC will be well represented in Connecticut!  After our UCC pit stop, we headed to my apartment to show everyone where I was living.  My place is nothing special and pretty small, so it was a quick stop.  It was nice showing everyone where I am for the year, though!  Once they saw my apartment, Greg, Carolyn, Nana, and Big B were off.  It was a little weird saying "see you at Christmas," but I will be home in less than two months (crazy!)!

Once everyone left, Mom, Dad, and I went to the Shandon Bells.  This is the first stop for all that visit me in Cork.  I think that it really gives you the best view of the city!  After ringing the bells, the three of us met Jane at O'Conaill's.  I had the white chocolate praline, with a maple syrup flavoring.  It was delicious, not to my surprise!  However, there was a hot chocolate fatality after my first sip, I spilled all over the floor!  Luckily O'Conaill's has the best customer service and they gladly made me a new one.

We then walked around the English Market, and I was starving (I don't know why I would be, I think I have been eating for days...).  We stopped at O'Flynn's Gourmet Sausage Company.  These look so good every time I walk by, so I obviously had to get one while my parents were here!

I had a 5 PM class later that evening, so I chilled out at Mom and Dad's place for a little and then took a class break.  I really have not been the best student this week with all of my visitors...

After class, Dad and Mom took the HC girls and Grace out to dinner at Milano.  This was a great Italian restaurant, and it was a nice time for my parents to meet everyone I have been talking about!  Once we finished dinner, we headed to The Oliver Plunkett, per Dad's request.  They had some more live music on Wednesday, so it was a perfect place to end the evening!

Care arrives tomorrow!!!

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin
Me and my parents at UCC

Mom and Dad at the top of the Shandon Bells! 

Before the spill

Worth every bite!

Cheers to HC! 

Jane, Chelsea, Nicole, Grace, and myself at The Oliver Plunkett. 

No comments:

Post a Comment