Wednesday 4 March 2015

Back to the (Not So) Real World

Monday means back to Cork and classes.  I can't even say "back to the real world," because my time abroad really is no where near the real world at all!

It was so nice out when I went to class on Monday.  It was probably 40 degrees and sunny.  At one point, the man in the veggie shop commented saying how cold it was!  I really do not think he has spent enough time on the East Coast if he thinks that this is cold.  I was taking in all of the sunshine that I could get.  When I came home, Orna and Meadhbh were just getting in, so I spent a little time catching up with them and hearing how their weekends were.  We have so much to catch up about after three days, what are we going to do when I come home for good?!

I have been getting annoyed with one of my other roommates I am not very close with.  She is so dirty is the kitchen, leaving her food and dirty dishes everywhere.  I cleaned up after her when I came home on Sunday, and she never even acknowledged it!  I am starting to get very fed up, especially because I am a major neat freak, but I have to remember that there are only a few more months of this!

After catching up with Orna and Meadhbh, I headed to the gym.  It was definitely chilly when the sun went down, but nothing cold enough to complain about.  I would much rather have chilly winds than feet upon feet of snow!  It is "Spring Break" for kids as HC this week, but I do not see how the weather is anything spring-like right now, so SPRING Break is definitely a stretch to say right now!

I had a great first day back in Cork, but I already miss Copenhagen (and the pastries)!  Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin

Blue skies!

I tried tom improvise and make my own burrito bowl...I really miss Chipotle!

No comments:

Post a Comment