Sunday 4 January 2015

The Epitome of a Lazy Sunday

Today, the girls and I were extremely lazy.  But, this was just what we needed!  It felt normal to be waking up in my bed here in Cork, which means this place is feelin' like home.  It was a plus waking up to Allegra and Anne in my room, it felt just like HC :)

We did not wake up until 12:45 PM, yes, I know, very late.  We were so tired the night before, and definitely needed the great sleep to rejuvenate.  After waking up, we had a quick breakfast and got ready for the day, at a mere 3:15 pm...oops!  We were headed for the Shandon Bells, and there was no rain!  A perfect day to climb to the top.  But, the universe was not in our favor, and when we got there is was closed (there were physically no handles to open the door)!  We were so bummed, but this did not stop us from having a great rest of the day.

I brought the girls to my favorite coffee shop, Duke's, so we could warm up and take in the city scene.  I had a delicious hazelnut latte, Legs had a carmel latte, and Anne went the traditional route and had some tea.  It was a great night for sitting outside, curled up with a blanket.  We ended up hanging out there for a few hours before finally getting up to continue our exploring.  I then brought the girls to Saint Patrick's Street, the most famous street in Cork (mainly because of its great shopping).  We wandered around here for a little while, admired the Christmas lights, and obviously did a little shopping.

After shopping around, we worked up an appetite.  I showed the girls Marks and Spencer, my favorite grocery store in Cork, other than the English Market.  We picked up some cheese, bread, crackers, and wine, to prep for our family dinner at my apartment :)

When we got home, we made Dad's famous chickpea soup, and had a relaxing night eating, catching up, and singing, a lot.  Anne and Allegra are two of the five other girls I am living with senior year, and I already know we will have a blast.  I've missed being with my HC crew this year so much, and I could not be happier to show off my city to them!

Tomorrow, we will be exploring my home county, County Clare!  Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin  
Duke's!

My latte :)

Legs and her latte!

Having a little fun with my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment