Thursday 22 January 2015

Goodbyes

Saturday was the day I had to say bye to Allegra and Anne.  I was NOT looking forward to this, it was goodbye for four more months! I had an awesome time with them here, however, and I knew they were going home to an great second semester at HC.

The girls were being picked up at the hostel at 10:30 for their 2 PM flight.  They were leaving plenty of time, but it is better to be safe than sorry!  When the girls grabbed their shuttle, after many, many hugs goodbye, Jane and I picked up a taxi and headed to the train station.  We were getting an 11 AM train back to Cork.  I was glad that we were able to make this train because we would be home with a lot of the afternoon left to goer some errands done.

When I arrived back in Cork, I went straight to business.  I had lots of cleaning, grocery shopping, and organizing to do for the week.  On Sunday, my HC friend Sarah, who is studying in Spain, was coming to visit for a few nights.  So, I wanted to have everything in order.  I cleaned the apartment first, which is sort of a relaxing thing for me.  I really enjoy cleaning, which means I definitely got my mom's cleaning gene! Thanks, Mom :)  After cleaning, I headed to the City Centre for groceries.  It was, once again, a gorgeous day, a little cold, but still really nice!  I was in the city for a very long time because I did a huge shopping run.  I was stocking up on a lot of the items I had not had time to get since being back.  But, it was really fun wandering the city by myself, taking in everything I love about Cork, and more :)

Once I got home, I had Jane and Nicole over for appetizers.  I bought some great hummus at the English Market that I needed to share!  I also got the hostess gene from my mom, well, actually Nana.  I love having everyone over for a little party whenever I can, even if it is just appetizers.  It was great catching up with Nicole, it had been so long since we sat down and just caught up!

For dinner, Jane and I made mini pizzas for ourselves.  At the English Market, I also bought burrata.  This is a really nice cheese, like mozzarella, made from buffalo milk.  The cheese was amazing, and our pizzas came out really great too!  While we were making the pizza, we decided we would kill some time and try out a new face mask I bough earlier in the day.  I was feeling really homesick on Saturday, and face masks with Jane was the perfect pick-me-up.

In the middle of our pizza dinner, I received some INCREDIBLE news.  Kathryn, the fourth Spalluto daughter, and Tommy, one of Maureen's best friends from Holy Cross, were engaged!!!!!!!! I could not be happier and more excited for them!  There was a bug surprise going on in Boston later that evening as a celebration, that I wish I could have been at.  It is definitely times like this where being 3,000 miles away really starts to show itself.  This just means an even bigger celebration in April when Kath and Mo come to Ireland :)

Saturday was a great day, with lots of happy news!  Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin


I love this place!

Pizza time

A little relaxin'.

CONGRATULATIONS, KATH AND TOMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment