Tuesday 20 January 2015

Reunion

Thursday was the day we were off to Dublin.  I was really excited to show Anne and Allegra another part of the country, and I really love Dublin!  I was also super excited for this trip because we would be meeting up with some HC kids studying in Dublin, and some kids that I went to Northwest Catholic with.

Before I could get excited for the trip, I had to go to two classes (even though I had four that day, oops...).  I went to Political Sociology, and the Sociology of Globalization and Development.  Both are pretty dry and boring, but they have no finals, I cannot complain!  What am I going to do when I am back at HC and have to take hard classes....who knows.  But, I am enjoying my LAST semester in Ireland to the fullest :)

When I got home, Anne, Allegra, and I headed to the City Centre for some lunch before our train to Dublin.  We went to the Farmgate Cafe, which is the restaurant upstairs in the English Market.  I had a spicy chicken sandwich.  It was really great, and so fresh tasting.  I love how Ireland emphasizes organize, fresh food, no matter what.  It tastes so good, and you can really notice a difference (take note, America!).  After lunch, we had a quick last stop for the girls at O'Connails.  I have gotten them addicted in their few short weeks in Cork!

After lunch, Jane, Allegra, Anne, and I grabbed a 4:20 train to Dublin, getting us to the City at about 6:45.  This is so much more enjoyable than the bus, I need to utilize it more often!  We were staying at a great hostel, the Ashfield Hostel, right near Temple Bar.  We had a private room and private bathroom.  This is unheard of in hostels!  We changed quickly when we got there, and chilled out for a little bit.  We were a little sleepy, but we had a long night ahead of us!

At about 8:30, we walked around the Temple Bar area to find somewhere to eat.  We ended up going to Merchant's Arch, right in Temple Bar.  It had awesome food, and live music.  A great place to get us ready for the night and wake us up!  Once we finished eating, the four of us headed to a bar, Karma Stone, to meet up with one of my best friends from high school, Smurf, and another one of our NWC friends, Chris.  The two of them were studying in Dublin for the semester, and I could not go to Dublin and not see them!  Once we all met up, the HC kids arrived at Karma Stone too.  My two worlds were colliding and it was great!  Smurf then led me, Jane, Anne, Allegra, and Chris to another bar in the city, Dicey's, where we ended up staying for the rest of the night.  I had an awesome time with them, and loved seeing everyone!  It was almost as if I had never left these guys, it was so nice catching up, and I am sure I will see them again this semester.

Our first night in Dublin was a success, Friday was touring!  Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin
Lunch at Farmgate!

Chris, me, and Smurf (all NWC kids!)

Chris and Smurf!

Me, Chris, and Smurf at Dicey's.

Me and Chris at Dicey's!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment