Monday 25 August 2014

Rain, Rain Go Away

I have been spoiled by the constant sunny weather in Cork!  It has rained for the past few days, and I have a feeling this is something I am going to have to get used to.  However, the rain did not stop me from my daily activities, Holy Cross and Worcester has prepared me well for ugly weather!

Class is finally becoming bearable and I am adjusting to the three hour session.  But, luckily tomorrow is a field trip!  We are headed to West Cork for the entire day.  This will be a great way to see the surrounding areas in Cork, and even better, out of the classroom.  I will hopefully have some new pictures :)

Later this afternoon, I headed down to the English Market to pick up the ingredients for a new recipe I found.  It was a lentil, carrot, onion mix, topped with goat cheese and spinach.  It was soooo delicious.  Thank goodness I have leftovers for the rest of the week! I could spend my entire day in the English Market.  It is such a fun setting to people watch, explore new foods, and find the freshest ingredients from local distributors.  It may be my favorite spot in Cork so far (shocking, I love somewhere solely based on food), and I especially cannot wait to take Carolyn to it when she visits in 44 days!

It was a quiet afternoon for me full of walking around the city planning my (many) next Cork excursions!

I have an exam Thursday, unfortunately, so I should get to studying!  This could be interesting...

Be back tomorrow with lots of info on West Cork!


XO,

Caitlin

P.S. A HUGE thank you to Mom, Dad, Maureen, and Caroly for my first care package!  They are the best family in the world for buying me my favorite sheets, granola bars, and other goodies.  The sheets are on my bed already, and officially make it just like home.  I love you!!!!!

The English Market 

Saint Patrick's Street, one of the main roads in Cork City.

Washington Street, another main Cork City street (also, so much traffic today!).

No comments:

Post a Comment