Sunday 24 August 2014

Lazy Sunday

Today was a very quiet day for me over here in Cork City.  After the busy weekend of traveling, it was nice having a day allowing me to just sit back and relax!

I began the day by walking into the City Centre and grabbing a bagel sandwich for breakfast.  I was so happy to be having a bagel, and it definitely hit the spot and reminded me of home!  After breakfast, I explored the city a little more.  It was rainy for the first time since I have been here!  However, this did not stop me, I loved walking around the city, even in the rain.

I decided to go to TK Maxx and give in to my coffee addiction, I bought a French Press.  The coffee in Ireland does not compare to the coffee at home in any way!  I have been spoiled by American coffee, and even more spoiled by my Dad's cappuccinos!  I perused TK Maxx (a little longer than I probably should have, they have so much stuff!), and then went to the grocery store right next door to pick up dinner for the night.  This grocery store was called Lidl, and it reminded me a lot of Aldi (Dad, you would love this!).  I then moseyed around the city a little more after Lidl, sort of in disbelief that I am living in the incredible city for the next year!  It is so hard to get homesick when I am here, this place is just so beautiful, and really beginning to feel like home.  But, my daily FaceTime session with Mom, Dad, Maureen, and Carolyn definitely makes me envious of the gorgeous Cape weather!

Dinner tonight was a test of my creativity again!  I made mixed veggies, with chicken, and sweet potato.  It tasted pretty good!  I am always open to some easy meal recipes from my readers :)

Be back tomorrow!

XO,

Caitlin

There was an entire window of BC gear in the City Centre! A taste of home :)

A rainy day on the River Lee.

Dinner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment