Friday 15 August 2014

Arriving in the "Happiest Place Earth"

So, FINALLY the day is here! I have arrived in Ireland, and I have to say, whoever coined Disneyland as the "Happiest Place on Earth," has never been to Ireland.  The moment I stepped off of the plane touching down in Shannon, Ireland, and I was greeted with a warm "Good Morning!" and a number of warm welcomes.

Two other Holy Cross girls in my program, Jane and Nicole, flew over to Ireland with me.  We were picked up in Shannon by a very nice man, Martin, who was scheduled to bring us to our apartments.  Shannon to Cork is about two hour drive, and it was a beautiful drive every minute of the way.  Martin let us stop in Blarney for an "Americano" (we were specifically told NOT to say coffee, or else it would not be up to par), and then we continued onto Cork.  

Getting settled into my apartment was a bit hectic with unpacking, going shopping for bedding, grocery shopping, etc.  But, I love my room.  I have my own bedroom and bathroom, with a shared common room/kitchen area.  The receptionist, Ciaran, told me that I have three more roommates, however, they are Irish students and will not be here for a few weeks.  The quiet apartment gave me some time to get settled.  After a long day of travel and exploring, the girls and I settled down and geared up for the next day.   Finally, my room was beginning to feel like home! Enjoy the pictures :)

Jane and me on the plane!

Nicole, Jane, Martin, and myself.

Too many bags!

My bed (the HC sign gives it a taste of home <3)

My bathroom


No comments:

Post a Comment