Tuesday 2 December 2014

Friendsgiving

Friday was Friendsgiving time.  This would be my first time ever going to a Friendsgiving, and I was hosting it!  I was super excited for evening and enjoying so quality time with great friends.

My morning, once again, consisted of getting work done.  I feel like I am doing everything at a snail's pace!  However, I am making some progress and that is all that matters.  I was having Jane, Grace, Nicole, and two of Nicole's friends over for dinner, and everyone was pitching in to help out!  I started cooking around 5 PM, because everyone was arriving at 7 PM.  I was in charge of making the chicken (we are too lazy to find a big turkey), sausage stuffing, green beans, breads (I cheated and bought them at the English Market), and some appetizers.  Jane made mashed sweet potatoes, mashed regular potatoes, a green salad, and an apple crisp.  Nicole made garlic bread, baked ziti, and chips and homemade salsa from her mom!  And Grace made a pretzel, M&M, Rolo dessert.  Everything came out soooooo deliciously.  We had a ton of leftovers, so it was nice sending people home with some food for the week!  It was finally starting to feel a little bit like the holidays.

After dinner, I headed back to work.  We were going to Dublin on Sunday, so I really wanted to have a good dent in my papers so that the day was not stressful for me.

I am such a fan of the holidays, and I am so happy that Ireland is too!!!  It is a great place to keep busy :)

Be back soon!

XO,

Caitlin  

Our table setting:

The feast!!

More food (ignore the dishes)!

No comments:

Post a Comment